Catering a party with the “Just Right” amount of dessert.
In the classic tale, “Goldilocks and the Three Bears,” Goldilocks finds the “Just Right” porridge, chair and bed. It can be hard to find the perfect fit for anything, especially when it comes to the quantity of food and desserts you will need at your next event.
Have you ever been asked by a catering company how many servings will you need? Or maybe you are looking at a recipe that says it serves six. You inevitably end up wondering if it will be too much or too little for the crowd you are cooking for.
The following serving guide provides size options, basic recommendations and packaging information. Here are some tangible examples of what our portion sizes look like:
Full-Sized Pies: Our full-sized pies come in pie pans that are 9″ across and 1 1/2″ deep. This is a standard deep dish pie and slices nicely into eighths. This is the most common size across the baking industry.
- Each 9″ pie comes in its own box.
Mini Pies: These mini pies are created in a 2 3/4″ diameter by 1 1/2″ deep baking mould. They are perfect for a single dessert serving. We have had many of happy customers order these as part of a non-traditional wedding treat. They are a great option for easy, self-contained, handheld servings.
- All mini pie varieties come packaged in a box of 6 (1/2 Dozen). Please note: we do not offer mix and match flavors per box.
Personal Sized Pie: Our personal-sized pies come in a 4″ diameter by 1 1/2″ deep tin. This size pie can be divided into fourths and is perfect for two people to share.
- This size of pie is not a standard menu item. We offer it as part of larger orders upon special request. Please inquire if interested.
Cupcakes: Our traditional cupcakes are made in 2 3/4″ by 1 1/2″ deep pans. The frosting and garnishes on top of our cupcakes usually bring the overall height of the cupcake up to around 2 3/4″ – 3″ tall.
- All flavors come packaged in a box of 6 (1/2 Dozen) cupcakes. Please note: we do not offer mix and match flavors per box.
Mini Cupcakes: The mini cupcakes are the perfect size to satisfy a craving. They are also a good option for trying multiple varieties. The image below shows the cupcake after one modest bite. There is generally enough cupcake for about 3 medium sized bites.
- All flavors come packaged in a box of 12 (One Dozen) cupcakes. Please note: we do not offer mix and match flavors per box.
Caramels: Our caramels are typically hand cut and wrapped,* so actual individual pieces can vary in size. We try to cut the individual pieces to about a two to three bite size.
(*we occasionally use a candy mold)
- 1/3 lb bags will hold between 8-16 pieces of caramel
- 1 lbs bags will hold between 20-40 pieces of caramel
Cookies: Our cookies vary in size depending on the variety. For example, our “Chocolate Chip Salty Caramel Cookie” is roughly 3″ in diameter.
- All cookie varieties come in either a bag of 10 or box of 20. Please note: we do not offer mix and match flavors per box.
If you still have questions about what you will need to feed your guests, we are happy to help. We have a lot of experience with catering events and we have a pretty good idea of what works. Please let us know if we can assist you with your upcoming wedding, party, or event.
Phone: (916) 295-6468
Online Contact Form: Catering Help